Bellingham Wheel and Keel

Election of Wheel and Keel Bridge Officers

• 16 Nov 2019 8:20 PM
    Message # 8125428

Thank you all for the vote affirming my pending installation as your Rear Commodore. I heard some of you at the meeting call for a speech. This I was totally unprepared to do. That being said, you deserve to know the individual you elected. I grew up in Seattle. I served three years in the Army (74-77). I joined the Bellingham Police Dept. in '77 and worked there for 32 years. During that time I also commercial fished in Bristol Bay, AK. I crewed, then owned a boat and a permit. When I was promoted to Chief of Police in 2000, I realized I could not continue fishing and left Bristol Bay in '01. I retired from the PD in '08. I have spent most of my summers fishing Kyuquot, BC. which may be why you have not seen me during the summer months. The love of my life, Shannon and I are now committed to spending our summers on our boat and in this area. We have a 24' Glasply with no name, that we have restored and re-powered thanks to BMR and our sweat equity. Shannon and I enjoy people and having a great time (which means a good hard party is not out of our lane). I look forward to serving you and the club. Shannon and I look forward to meeting as many members as possible. There are refreshments on our boat wherever we go. Thank you again for your support.   Randy

Last modified: 16 Nov 2019 8:23 PM | Anonymous member
  • 23 Nov 2019 10:26 AM
    Reply # 8136166 on 8125428

Welcome, from all of the member's of Bellingham Wheel & Keel we look forward to your leadership and great times on the water.  Jim Jenkins Vice Commodore.